Sunday, October 9, 2016

      Tauriel Cosplay, October 2016

      Yes, I know that this costume is about 2 or 3 years late, but I just saw the movies this summer and decided that I HAD to be Tauriel (from the Hobbit) for Halloween. So here goes nothing! Just a note: I don't really know how to sew, and I am not working with a pattern (not that I know how to use one!). It seems that people think that it takes forever to cosplay. I guess that I might be testing the theory.
Anyways, onto the project:

Tauriel in 1 Month!

The Goal!
   Image result for tauriel cosplay
By the way, I do NOT own the picture!

October 1: Got the fabric and spent the afternoon looking at pictures of her, and wondering "What am I going to do?", because I found out that what I was trying to achieve was a leather bodice, a sort of hoodie thing, and an under dress.

October 2: Watched a Youtube video, thus learning how to sort of operate the machine, and decided to test my skills, making a mock up of her leather corset. Not anticipating I would have enough of the faux leather to make a back on the actual costume, I just tied everything together with yarn in the back!


October 3-4: Worked on a mock up of the hoodie thing. Turned out alright, considering I had only been sewing for a couple of days! 

I used ribbon to create something for the yarn to.....to I don't know what to call it. You will just have to guess what I am trying to say.


Something that drives me CRAZY with other cosplayers is that they NEVER show pictures of the back! 
      So......hood down.


And hood up! I sewed the hood a little bit too low, so it looks really weird in the front, with it up!


And all tied together!

October 5: I did NOTHING! Oops! :)

October 6: Arm bracers. By the way, I would never recommend any of my methods to anybody. You are free to try any of them, but just don't say I didn't warn you!


18 pins, not a problem!


I made it through!

October 7-8: Leather Corset


Front: Could be better, but then, it could be a lot worse.


And the back view. Little bit loose, but I would like to breathe. (;


How I attached everything in the back! 

October 9: Worked on the hoodie. Did not get much done, but that it okay! 

October 10-22: I have really truly lost track of what I have done on what day, but allow me to share what I have completed in this time. 



The under dress (I need to sew the collar and trim the front two slits to the skirt)


A close up of the lacing (same method that I used on the hoodie mock up and hoodie)



What I have so far!


And a view from the back 
(and please ignore the hairstyle, it is not Hobbit themed, and it resulted in TERRIBLE tangles!)


And with the hood up!

As you can see, the front panels are longer than the back ones, and the boots and leggings don't match the faux leather (but that does not matter). And I am missing the collar, and I would like to get a few more little strips of leather onto the corset (but I am not drawing that design)

Image result for tauriel corset

Oct 23: Added collar and other things. Started on hoodie's skirt. Pictures will come as soon as I finish up. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday! 

October 25: Ahh! I am done! Here are a couple pictures of the finished product!



Well.....what do you think? 
I have had SO much fun making this costume, and it has seriously been WAYYYYY easier that I had been anticipating! I know that it is not perfect, but it is still pretty good, in my opinion!



A little bit off of the cosplay topic, but it is fitting for a Hobbit Halloween! ;D















1 comment: